J. S., Framestore CFC
B. M., London Internet Exchange
ATM training course contents
- WAN technology overview, ATM advantages
- ATM overview
- The big woolly cloud, ATM and the seven layer model, ATM multiplexing, Cell switching principles, PVCs, SVCs, VPI's and VCI's, ATM switching, ATM standards.
- ATM physical layer
- Supported physical layers, ATM interfaces, SDH, Alternatives to SDH,POS.
- The ATM layer
- ATM interfaces, ATM cells, Cell headers, ATM addressing.
- The ATM Adaptation layer
- What the Adpatation layer does, AAL1 to AAL5 levels, QoS and CoS, CBR, VBR, ABR, UBR.
- ATM Queuing
- Min Cell rate, Peak Cell rate, Burst tolerance, Sustainable Cell Rate, CDVT.
- ATM signalling
- ATM Forum, ITU-T, UNI, NNI, User to User, PNNI, ILMI
- Uses of ATM (ATM Higher layers) RFC 1483, RFC 1577 "Classical IP", NHRP, LANE, MPOA, Voice over ATM.
Why Choose Us
SNT trainers score an average of over 90% on the three main areas of:
- Ability to teach
- Technical knowledge
- Answering questions
We limit our maximum class size to 8 delegates; often we have less than this. This ensures optimal interactivity between delegates and instructor.
"Excellent course. The small class size was a great benefit…" M.B. IBM
We write our own courses; courseware does not just consist of slides and our slides are diagrams not bullet point text. A typical chapter provides clearly defined objectives with a chapter overview, slides with text underneath, a quiz at the end to check the learning of the students. Hands on exercises are at the end and are used to reinforce the theory.