J. S., Framestore CFC
B. M., London Internet Exchange
Advanced Asterisk training course contents
- Best Practice
- Review of basics, Channel best practice, dial plan best practise.
- Call Centre Features
- GUI, Asterisk Manager Interface, billing, CDR, advanced IVR, ACD, Vici Dial.
Hands on: Install Vici-Dial.
- Asterisk and Databases
- Local exchange ADSL items, DSLAMs, ADSL racks, Contention.
- TDM over Ethernet
- What is TDMoE, Asterisk to Asterisk TDMoE, Phone Bridge.
Hands on: * 2 * via TDMoE.
- High Availability Asterisk
- HA Linux - Virtual Servers, Fail-over steps, setting up HA Linux, configuring Asterisk for fail-over on HA Linux,
Hands on: Configure Asterisk HA.
- Advanced Dial plans
- Asterisk Gateway Interface, AGI IVR applications, Multiple switches sharing Dial plans, ENUM, DUNDI.
Hands on: Configure DUNDI.
- Legacy PBX, SIP Proxys, OpenSER.
Hands on: Configure SER to work with Asterisk.
- Asterisk Maintenance
- Asterisk upgrades, implementing patches, advanced debugging
- Firewalls, NAT, Asterisk security issues.
Hands on: Configure Asterisk to work through a Firewall and NAT.
Why Choose Us
SNT trainers score an average of over 90% on the three main areas of:
- Ability to teach
- Technical knowledge
- Answering questions
We limit our maximum class size to 8 delegates; often we have less than this. This ensures optimal interactivity between delegates and instructor.
"Excellent course. The small class size was a great benefit…" M.B. IBM
We write our own courses; courseware does not just consist of slides and our slides are diagrams not bullet point text. A typical chapter provides clearly defined objectives with a chapter overview, slides with text underneath, a quiz at the end to check the learning of the students. Hands on exercises are at the end and are used to reinforce the theory.