J. S., Framestore CFC
B. M., London Internet Exchange
Advanced DNS training course contents
- Best practices
- MX and PTR records, lame delegations, disallowing recursion, TTLs, online testing.
Hands on: Review of your DNS servers
- Split DNS
- Partitioning internal and external DNS, views.
Hands on: Implementing split DN
- Hardening DNS
- ACLs, recursion, queries, trusted sources, chroot jail, secure BIND template.
Hands on: Securing the DNS server
- What is DNSSEC? DNSSEC benefits, DNSSEC RRs. DNSKEY, RRSIG, NSEC, DS.
Hands on: Creating DNSSEC keys
- Securing zone transfers
- TSIG, shared secret. Securing DDNS.
Hands on: Secure file transfers.
- Zone integrity
- Trusted anchors, Chains of trust, Zone status, Zone signing, Keys. ZSK, KSK, adding keys to a zone file. Secure delegations.
Hands on: Zone signing
Why Choose Us
SNT trainers score an average of over 90% on the three main areas of:
- Ability to teach
- Technical knowledge
- Answering questions
We limit our maximum class size to 8 delegates; often we have less than this. This ensures optimal interactivity between delegates and instructor.
"Excellent course. The small class size was a great benefit…" M.B. IBM
We write our own courses; courseware does not just consist of slides and our slides are diagrams not bullet point text. A typical chapter provides clearly defined objectives with a chapter overview, slides with text underneath, a quiz at the end to check the learning of the students. Hands on exercises are at the end and are used to reinforce the theory.