J. S., Framestore CFC
B. M., London Internet Exchange
Definitive IP CCTV training course contents
- What is IP CCTV? Camera types, Video, Audio, two way audio, IP CCTV software.< br/> Hands on: Installing IP CCTV.
- CCTV architecture
- Components, servers, storage, LANs, WANs. Centralised versus decentralised. < br/>Hands on: Using IP CCTV.
- What is Ethernet? Ethernet cabling, Inside versus outside, hubs, switches, PoE, VLANs. < br/>Hands on: Ethernet connectivity.
- WiFi, other wireless solutions, 802.11, variations, frequencies, Access Points, bridges, repeaters. WEP, WPA, WPA2, < br/>Hands on: WiFi
- Ways to configure, IP addresses, subnet mask, default gateway, DHCP, NAT, access from the Internet.< br/> Hands on: CCTV configuration.
- How IP CCTV works
- TCP, UDP, IP, RTP, RTSP, SIP, PTZ, NTP, Wireshark. Port numbers. < br/>Hands on: Using Wireshark to troubleshoot IP CCTV.
- Network issues with IP CCTV
- Bandwidth, video resolution, compressions, codecs, frame rates, audio. QoS. One way versus two way traffic. < br/>Hands on: Analysing CCTV traffic.
- VPNs, Firewalls. < br/>Hands on: CCTV through a firewall.
- ping, tracert, arp, ipconfig, pathping, tracert. Cable issues, switch issues, WiFi issues.CCTV issues. < br/>Hands on: CCTV troubleshooting.
- Design issues, multicasting, gateways. DVR technology. Calculating storage requirements.
Why Choose Us
SNT trainers score an average of over 90% on the three main areas of:
- Ability to teach
- Technical knowledge
- Answering questions
We limit our maximum class size to 8 delegates; often we have less than this. This ensures optimal interactivity between delegates and instructor.
"Excellent course. The small class size was a great benefit…" M.B. IBM
We write our own courses; courseware does not just consist of slides and our slides are diagrams not bullet point text. A typical chapter provides clearly defined objectives with a chapter overview, slides with text underneath, a quiz at the end to check the learning of the students. Hands on exercises are at the end and are used to reinforce the theory.