M. V. The Economist
G. J. IBM
SMPTE 2022 training course contents
- What is SMPTE 2022, SMPTE 2022 parts. SDI over IP. Contribution and distribution versus delivery.
- The SMPTE 2022 protocol stack
- SMPTE 2022-2 (mapping of MPEG TS into IP) and SMPTE 2022-6 mapping uncompressed video into IP.
IP: Best effort, connectionless, DF flag, routers, Diffserv, RSVP. IPv6.
- UDP: Unreliable, connectionless, broadcasts, multicasts and unicasts.
- RTP: RTP, ports, payloads types, sequence numbers, timestamps. RTP header extensions. RTCP.
- MPEG2-TS: Elementary streams, transport over IP.
- Forward Error Correction. SMPTE 2022-1, SMPTE 2022-5. Logical rows and columns. 1D and 2D parity. FEC header format. FEC configuration and choosing dimensions. FEC traffic shaping. Overheads and delays
- Seamless protection switching
- IP failover. SMPTE 2022-7: Sending two matching streams over different paths. Stream synchronization. The HBRMT header. Calculating the packet to switch over.
- Summary of the 7 sections of the SMPTE 2022 standard. Clock recovery.
Why Choose Us
SNT trainers score an average of over 90% on the three main areas of:
- Ability to teach
- Technical knowledge
- Answering questions
We limit our maximum class size to 8 delegates; often we have less than this. This ensures optimal interactivity between delegates and instructor.
"Excellent course. The small class size was a great benefit…" M.B. IBM
We write our own courses; courseware does not just consist of slides and our slides are diagrams not bullet point text. A typical chapter provides clearly defined objectives with a chapter overview, slides with text underneath, a quiz at the end to check the learning of the students. Hands on exercises are at the end and are used to reinforce the theory.