Broadcast course reviews
J. S. Framestore CFC
B. M. London Internet Exchange
SMPTE 2110 training course contents
- The all IP studio. Review of IP and RTP. Role of SMPTE, SMPTE 2022, What is SMPTE 2110, SMPTE 2022 versus 2110, SMPTE 2110 parts, multiplex standards, 2110 separate streams, Video, Audio, ANC. Essences.
- Separate streams and synchronisation
- The old way, blackburst, time code, DARS. SMPTE 2110-10, ST2059, PTP, PTP architecture, PTP accuracy, How PTP works, Offset and delay PTP clock types, Hardware time stamping SDP. Hybrids.
- Uncompressed video
- SMPTE 2110-20, 2110-21. Image support, raster sizes, bit depth, active video and no blanking, bandwidth and bandwidth savings, pgroups. Timestamps. Packing modes. Packet sizes, pixels per packet.
- SMPTE 2110-30, 2110-31, PCM, AES3. Allowed versus required. Channels and streams.
- Ancillary data
- SMPTE 2110-40, RFC on RTP payloads for ST 291 ancillary data
Why Choose Us
SNT trainers score an average of over 90% on the three main areas of:
- Ability to teach
- Technical knowledge
- Answering questions
We limit our maximum class size to 8 delegates; often we have less than this. This ensures optimal interactivity between delegates and instructor.
"Excellent course. The small class size was a great benefit…" M.B. IBM
We write our own courses; courseware does not just consist of slides and our slides are diagrams not bullet point text. A typical chapter provides clearly defined objectives with a chapter overview, slides with text underneath, a quiz at the end to check the learning of the students. Hands on exercises are at the end and are used to reinforce the theory.