J. S. Framestore CFC
B. M. London Internet Exchange
NTP and PTP training course contents
- Clock drift. Timing and synchronization. Importance in computing. Importance in broadcasting.
- NTP versions, v0 to v4. Architecture. The intersection algorithm. Accuracy. Clock strata, Stratum 0, 1, 2 and 3. Protocol modes.
Hands on: NTP configuration
- More NTP
- NTP packet header. Timestamps. Variables in the header. Clock synchronization algorithm. SNTP. The Windows Time service.
Hands on: Wireshark and NTP analysis.
- PTP v2, IEEE 1588. Architecture. Accuracy. Synchronization with PTP. Offset and delay.
Hands on: Analysing PTP packet flows.
- More PTP
- Ordinary clocks, boundary clocks, masters and grandmasters. PTP specific switch types. Hardware time stamping. SMPTE ST2059-2. PTP packet header. PTP domains. Best master clock algorithm.
Hands on: More Wireshark and PTP.
Why Choose Us
SNT trainers score an average of over 90% on the three main areas of:
- Ability to teach
- Technical knowledge
- Answering questions
We limit our maximum class size to 8 delegates; often we have less than this. This ensures optimal interactivity between delegates and instructor.
"Excellent course. The small class size was a great benefit…" M.B. IBM
We write our own courses; courseware does not just consist of slides and our slides are diagrams not bullet point text. A typical chapter provides clearly defined objectives with a chapter overview, slides with text underneath, a quiz at the end to check the learning of the students. Hands on exercises are at the end and are used to reinforce the theory.