J. S. Framestore CFC
B. M. London Internet Exchange
ADO.NET training course contents
- Traditional Data Access Architecture.
- ADO.Net Disconnected Data Access Architecture.
- Different components of ADO.Net.
A review of basic SQL queries
- SQL SELECT Statement.
- SQL INSERT Statement.
- SQL UPDATE Statement.
- SQL DELETE Statement.
Common data access tasks with ADO.Net
- Accessing Data using ADO.Net.
- Defining the connection string.
- Defining a Connection.
- Defining the command or command string.
- Defining the Data Adapter.
- Creating and filling the DataSet.
A Demonstration Application
- The Interface.
- Loading the table.
- Filling the controls on the Form.
- Navigating through the records.
- Steps for updating the table.
- Building the Application.
- Loading the table and displaying data in the form's controls.
- Initialising Commands.
- Adding Parameters to the commands.
- The ToggleControls() method of our application.
- Editing (or Updating) Records.
- Event Handler for the Save Button.
- Event Handler for the Cancel Button.
- Inserting Records.
- Deleting a Record.
Using Stored Procedures
- Sample Stored Procedures.
- UPDATE Stored Procedure.
- INSERT Stored Procedure.
- DELETE Stored Procedure.
- SELECT Stored Procedure.
- Using Stored Procedures with ADO.Net.
Why Choose Us
SNT trainers score an average of over 90% on the three main areas of:
- Ability to teach
- Technical knowledge
- Answering questions
We limit our maximum class size to 8 delegates; often we have less than this. This ensures optimal interactivity between delegates and instructor.
"Excellent course. The small class size was a great benefit…" M.B. IBM
We write our own courses; courseware does not just consist of slides and our slides are diagrams not bullet point text. A typical chapter provides clearly defined objectives with a chapter overview, slides with text underneath, a quiz at the end to check the learning of the students. Hands on exercises are at the end and are used to reinforce the theory.